Last Updated on May 27, 2020 by ITPM
Follow the latest updates on COVID-19 in Bulacan in Bulacan COVID-19 Virus Case Bulletin article.
3rd Week Summary – COVID-19 in Bulacan: March 25 to March 31
March 25, 2020 – At the start of the 3rd week battle vs. COVID-19 in Bulacan, there are nine (9) confirmed cases with two (2) deaths, both from the town of San Ildefonso. The provincial government of Bulacan adopted the implementation of the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine.
- The “Bayanihan To Heal As One Act” grants President Rodrigo Duterte special powers to address coronavirus outbreak.
- Senator Aquilino ‘Koko’ Pimentel tests positive for the coronavirus after a controversial trip to the Makati Medical Center to accompany his wife who is about to give birth.
March 26, 2020 – Bulacan PHO reports ten (10) confirmed cases in the province with three (3) death toll.
- Congressman Henry Villarica of Bulacan’s 4th District tested positive for COVID-19
- Senator Sonny Angara tests positive for COVID-19
March 28, 2020 – 75th Birthday of President Rodrigo Duterte
More municipalities in Bulacan have started giving out relief goods to their constituents. Notable municipalities are Plaridel, Pandi, and Bocaue for leading best practices in distributing relief goods. They did house-to-house distribution instead of giving out stubs and let the people line up and wait in vain in their barangay hall to receive the package.
March 31, 2020 – The 3rd week battle vs. COVID-19 in Bulacan ended with 28 confirmed cases and 12 deaths.
- Obando has enforced a total lockdown in an effort to keep the virus away from its people.
- DILG Secretary Eduardo Año tests positive for coronavirus
- Bongbong Marcos tests positive for novel coronavirus
- DSWD rolls out the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) forms for the emergency subsidy program. Those who will be included will receive cash and non-cash monthly assistance amounting to P5,000 to 8,000 for two months.
Bulacan PHO COVID-19 Report
March 25, 2020 – 9 COVID Cases & 2 Deaths
Bulacan Provincial Health Office reported nine (9) confirmed COVID cases in the province and two (2) deaths, both from the town of San Ildefonso at the start of the 3rd Week.
March 26, 2020 – 10 COVID Cases & 3 Deaths
There are ten (10) confirmed cases in the province with three (3) death toll.
March 27, 2020 – 16 COVID Cases & 5 Deaths
There are sixteen (16) confirmed cases in the province with five (5) death toll.
March 28, 2020 – 16 COVID Cases & 5 Deaths (No Change)
March 29, 2020 – 18 COVID Cases & 7 Deaths
The confirmed COVID-19 case went up to 18, with 7 lives lost. DOH reminds us to prevent the possible spread of the disease in our province — stay at home in this enhanced community quarantine, regularly wash our hands, eat nutritious food, and keep physical distancing.
March 30, 2020 – 28 COVID Cases & 12 Deaths
The 3rd week ends with 28 confirmed cases , with 12 lives lost.
March 31, 2020 – 28 COVID Cases & 12 Deaths (No Change)
Follow the timeline with the weekly updates on our fight against Covid-19 in Bulacan. We created a journal to show the chronology of events related to Covid-19 in Bulacan, starting from the date of the first reported case in Bulacan.
- 1st Week Report: COVID-19 in Bulacan – The Struggle –> 1st case reported; Baliuag mayor tests positive.
- 2nd Week Report: COVID-19 in Bulacan – Relief Goods –> state of calamity declared; relief goods distribution starts.
- 4th Week Report: COVID-19 in Bulacan – Gov’t Subsidy –> SAP distribution begins; Centralized covid facility in Bulacan in BMC
- 5th Week Report: COVID-19 in Bulacan – Health Workers –> We salute our frontliners
- 6th Week Report: COVID-19 in Bulacan – Cases reach 100 –> Former Senator Heherson Alvarez dies due to covid-19; leftist groups attack
- 7th Week Report: COVID-19 in Bulacan – West PH Sea Diplomatic Protests –> ECQ extension anew until May 15; Philippines files diplomatic protests vs. China due to West PH sea actions